What is Pulmonary Rehabilitation?
Our team of highly trained professionals work with you to develop an exercise plan to best meet your individual health needs. Our goal is to work with you to improve your health through both education and exercise. Throughout your recovery and beyond, we are here to help! Classes are offered at a variety of times throughout the week.
What are the benefits of Pulmonary Rehabilitation?
Pulmonary Rehabilitation is a supervised exercise program to help you manage and improve your symptoms of your pulmonary disease. Through education and exercise you will learn how to self-manage your symptoms and ways to improve your condition.
- Manage breathing during daily activities & exercise
- Improve your ability to perform daily activities, such as dressing, household chores, shopping, etc.
- Decrease risk of re-hospitalization
- Decrease shortness of breath
Who would Benefit?
- Adults with COPD including:
- Chronic asthma
- Adults with restrictive lung disease including:
- Interstitial lung disease/pulmonary fibrosis
- Restrictive chest wall disease
- Obesity related
- Adults with pulmonary artery hypertension, and
- Persistent shortness of breath after Covid-19 infection
Education Topics Include
- Pulmonary Disease Process
- Breathing Retraining
- Pulmonary Hygiene
- Activities of Daily Living (Conserving energy for daily tasks)
- Living with Oxygen
- Oxygen Conservation
- Medication Administration
- Relaxation Training
What happens after I finish the program?
Continue to exercise and use the techniques you’ve learned during the program. Staff may assist with recommendations for in-home services, such as oxygen delivery. Individuals can also choose to continue guided exercise through our Rehabilitation Extension Program, held at the Claremont Savings Bank Community Center.
If you have any questions, or if you haven’t been called within a week of your discharge, please give us a call (603) 542-3458. We will return your call as soon as possible.
Fax Number: (603) 542-7881