Dr. Wilton earned his doctorate in Podiatric Medicine from the Pennsylvania College of Podiatric Medicine in Philadelphia. His surgical residency focused on podiatric reconstructive foot surgery under the direction of Dr. James V. Ganley at Montgomery Hospital in Pennsylvania. He has also trained in lower extremity peripheral nerve surgery at Union Hospital in Baltimore.
• Medical Staff President at Valley Regional Healthcare
• Association of Extremity Nerve Surgeons: previously the president, current board member, co-director of the organization’s basic and advanced lower extremity peripheral nerve surgery training
• Surgical Missions Director for the Fr. Damien Foundation in Guayaquil, Ecuador, where he leads missions to treat peripheral nerve problems in leprosy patients
Awards and Recognition
• Honored with the prestigious Dr. Jules Tinel Award from the Association of Extremity Nerve Surgeons in 2011 for the scientific advancement of knowledge regarding human peripheral nerve disorders.
• Practice named in New Hampshire Magazine’s Top Doctors in New Hampshire in 2008.
• Diabetic Neuropathy Association of the Southwest Appreciation of Service Award in 2004.
David K. Seiler MBA, James P. Wilton DPM, A. Lee Dellon MD “Detection of Neuropathy due to Mycobacterium Leprae using Non-invasive Neurosensory Testing of Susceptible Nerves,” Annals of Plastic Surgery- 2005 Dec 55: 633-637
“Chronic Lower Extremity Pain: A Diagnostic Challenge”-The Clinical Forum: Current Concepts and Controversies, Podiatry Management, April/May 2010
Foot and Ankle Quarterly: Peripheral Neuropathy Updates, Vol .25, No. 3, Data Trace Publishing Company, 2014
“Entrapment Neuropathy About the Foot and Ankle An Update”, Journal of the American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons, April, 2015
“Lower Extremity Neurologic Examination” (book chapter), Clinics In Podiatry, April, 2016
Wan EL, Noboa J, Baltodano PA, Martinez-Jousin R, Ericson WB, Wilton JP, Rosson GD, Dellon AL. Nerve Decompression for Leprous Neuropathy: A Prospective Study from Ecuador. Lepr Rev (Under Review 2016).