Visitor & Caregiver Policy
In response to the current status of COVID-19 cases, we have updated our policy to keep our patients, community and health care workforce safe to care for current and future patients.
- Anyone entering VRH buildings will be screened for COVID-19.
- COVID (+) or Suspected – No visitors will be permitted for COVID (+) or patients with suspected COVID except at end of life, with the approval of the attending provider.
- Individuals are required to wear a medical mask when entering a VRH facility. If they do not have a mask then one will be provided. If a individual refuses to wear a mask, they will be asked to leave.
Please review the visitor policy for each department below. No visitors under the age of 2 are permitted, except by provider or unit leadership. Specific exceptions in various situations are outlined below.
Emergency Department & Urgent Care
- Two (2) specific visitors or caregivers may be allowed at the discretion of the clinical team as conditions necessitate. If a waiting area becomes overcrowded in a way that would jeopardize the safety or health of others, then visitors may be asked to wait outside.
- Patients on the inpatient unit may not have greater than two (2) visitors or caregivers at a time. More individuals may be present for family meetings or at the end of life. Visiting on the inpatient unit is generally between the hours of 8am to 8pm, but adjustments can be made based on the needs of the patient.
- Adults in the outpatient setting are permitted one (1) visitor or caregiver.
Outpatient Prenatal Patients
- Prenatal patients are permitted two (2) adult primary visitors or caregivers for a clinic visit. Newborns are allowed two (2) adult visitors or caregivers.
- Ambulatory (outpatient) pediatric patients are permitted two (2) visitors or caregivers for a clinic visit. Newborns are allowed two (2) adult visitors or caregivers.
- For adult patients receiving same-day surgery, one (1) visitor or caregiver is allowed into the facility in order to accompany the patient during their check-in and pre-procedure preparation. One (1) responsible adult visitor or caregiver is required to enter facility post-operatively for review of discharge instructions. For pediatric patients receiving same-day surgery, two (2) visitors or caregivers are allowed.
- All visitors and caregivers are encouraged to wait outside the facility whenever possible.
- Telephone and video visits are available; please ask your care team for details.
We encourage patients and those who transact financial business with the hospital to call 603-543-5693 or 603-543-5694 rather than presenting to the hospital when able.
* Individuals unable to wear a face mask due to a disability. may request reasonable modifications according Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)