Valley Regional Hospital provides a wide array of surgical services enabling the greater Claremont community to receive the surgical care they need close to home. Our experienced team of surgeons are joined by a team of anesthesiologists providers, nurse anesthetists, perioperative nurses and support staff and together they have been providing patients with high quality care and positive outcomes.
We understand that patients needing surgical care require an individualized plan and clear communication prior to surgery, on the day of the procedure and after, during the recovery and healing phase of the surgical journey. Our team is with you every step of the way.
Here’s what you can expect:
- Preoperative communication, teaching and instruction so that you are well informed before the day of surgery and you will know what to expect.
- On the day of surgery, an anesthesia provider will communicate with you about the procedure and the role they will play in monitoring you throughout the procedure.
- Surgical staff and post-operative nursing will guide you through the recovery phases after your surgical procedure is complete.
- Private hospital rooms if your surgery requires an overnight stay.
- Written and verbal discharge instructions.
We provide surgical care for patients over the age of sixteen. Please see our list of surgical specialties that include procedures such as:
- General anesthesia
- Local procedures
- Regional blocks
Visit the Anesthesia page fore more info.
- Appendectomy (laparoscopic as well as open)
- Breast surgery for benign and cancerous disease, breast conservation surgery,
mastectomy, sentinal lymph node biopsy, breast biopsy
- Colon resection
- Hemorrhoidectomy (traditional and PPH)
- Hernia repair (laparoscopic as well as open) remove with plug
- Laparoscopic gallbladder removal
- Surgery of stomach and small intestines
- Wound care including surgical debridement
Visit the General Surgery page fore more info.
- Hysterectomy-TVH or LAVH
- Tubal Ligation
Visit the Women’s Health page fore more info.
- Arthroplasty of lesser digits
- Digital amputations
- Hammertoe repair
- Osteotomy fracture repair
Visit the Podiatry page fore more info.