Emergency Department | Dial 911
Fast | Efficient | Compassionate Care
Here to help 24/7
From broken bones or cuts to extensive trauma, our team will promptly diagnose and treat you, or stabilize you for inpatient admission or transfer if you need more extensive or speciality care.
The medical team at Valley Regional Hospital includes physicians, nurses and paramedics who are specially trained in emergency medicine. This team is specifically trained to treat all types of medical emergencies.
We do our best to attend to everyone immediately; however, we do prioritize care based on those who are in the most critical state. You are very important to us and we appreciate your patience as we attend to everyone’s needs. For healthcare decision-making support please click here.
Common Emergency Ailments
- Burn injuries
- Emotional distress
- Heart attacks
- Injuries from accidents at home or at work
- Injuries from automobile accidents
- Sexual Assault
- Violence-related injuries
- Modern Ammenities
The emergency department features noise-buffering sliding glass doors in each room, privacy curtains, flat screen TVs, and seating for family and friends. The department encompasses two triage rooms, six treatment rooms, two trauma rooms dedicated pediatric and psyche rooms, and a private consultation room. Our specialized, dedicated decontamination area has a large storage area nearby filled supplies to handle emergency responses to hazardous contaminations within the community.
Although we attend to everyone’s needs as quickly as possible, there may be several reasons why your care is taking longer than you expect:
- The number of patients in the department, some of whom are very ill or in critical condition
- The time it takes to receive test results, depending on the number of tests required, such as lab work, x-rays, and scans
- The time it takes your care team members to review tests and coordinate your plan of care and treatment
- The time it takes for residents and medical students to take part in your care
We are committed to providing high-quality care and excellent customer service. To help us serve you better, let us know of any changes in your symptoms, and ask us any questions regarding your plan of care and its progress during your stay.
Medical Helicopter Pad
In case of severe illness or injury requiring specialty care, our team is skilled at stabilizing and preparing patients for transport to specialty facilities. Helicopter transport is fast and safe, and it can mean the difference between life and death. Valley Regional has a landing pad on site, outside our emergency department, for use by emergency medical helicopter transport.
Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner (SANE) Program
Our team is there for you, to provide the compassionate care you need and answer your questions.
| 1 in 3 Women|
1 in 7 Men
|raped or sexually assaulted during a lifetime|
The physical assault may be over, but the healing has just begun. Our specially trained nurses can help you with the emotional, mental, and physical challenges you face.
The SANE program provides
- Compassionate, supportive, judgement-free care
- A specially-trained female nurse dedicated to you throughout your care
- A comprehensive exam to determine the extent of physical injury and any treatments to begin the healing process
- Appropriate counseling, referrals, and follow-up support
- Professional evidence collection for reference in court if you chooses to press charges