Please ask your Primary Care Provider (PCP) to forward a referral with all pertinent medical records to patient scheduling. When your referral is received, our schedulers will call you to schedule your initial appointment.
Eat Well, Live Well
Committed to providing confidential nutrition counseling and education tailored to your specific needs. We offer a wide variety of services to establish realistic lifestyle goals to improve or maintain your health. Our registered dietitian helps you develop a healthy relationship with food and works with you to create an eating pattern that promotes your overall health and well-being.
Ann Merritt, MS, RD, LD
Our out-patient services include Medical Nutrition Therapy and individual nutrition counseling , as well as education for many conditions including:
- Diet Management for Diabetes & Pre-diabetes
- Cardiac/Congestive Heart Failure
- Digestive issues (Constipation, Diverticulitis, Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS), and more)
- Lipid Management
- Autoimmune Disorders (Crohn’s, Colitis, Celiac Disease)
- Weight Management
- Nutrition during cancer treatment
- Eating Disorders
- Food Allergies & Intolerances
Why see a Registered Dietitian?
- Understand the relationship between food and health
- Develop a customized meal plan based on your individual nutrition needs and food preferences
- Example: reduced fat, high fiber, consistent carb, and low sodium diets.
- Tailored eating and exercise recommendations to help you achieve a healthy body weight that can be maintained over the long term
- Coach positive behaviors to promote healthy nutrition and exercise habits
- Educate clients on how to manage and prevent chronic diseases, including diabetes and heart disease
- Answer questions and clarify common myths and misconceptions about nutrition
Frequently Asked Questions
Many insurance companies cover outpatient nutrition services. However, coverage may vary and depend on your diagnosis. We recommend that you contact your insurance company prior to your visit to verify coverage, co-pays and reimbursements.
A Registered Dietitian (RD) is an expert in the field of food and nutrition science with a minimum of a bachelor’s degree in dietetics and successful completion of a national exam as well as an internship. They work in many settings including hospitals, outpatient clinics, and primary care offices.