Are you having Joint Replacement Surgery? Give yourself the foundation for success by working with our specialists BEFORE your surgery. Joint replacement school is a free school we offer to those preparing for a total joint replacement.
The school allows each patient to take an active role in their care while gaining a better understanding of the total joint replacement process with the professionals. Each individual will receive a booklet to take with you throughout your joint replacement journey!
What to Expect:
- Tour the rehab room and view an inpatient room (optional).
- Establish a recovery plan and learn about resources.
- Meet VRH staff and ask questions!
What will I learn?
- How to prepare your body and home for surgery with tips from the professionals.
- 11 Essential Exercises for pre and post operation
- About the entire surgery process: before, during, and after.
- Tips for setting yourself up for a smooth recovery.
- Do’s and don’ts of post surgery.
“Recent literature demonstrates that patients who attend education classes prior to surgery have decreased anxiety, better post-operative pain control, more realistic expectations of surgery, and a better understanding of their surgery. “