What is LSVT BIG®?
- It’s an intensive, one-on-one, research-based program specifically designed for all stages of Parkinson’s Disease.
- It works to recalibrate your brain to increase the size and quality of your movements.
The Goal of this program is to help improve:
- Large Movements (examples: walking, balance, and transfers)
- Fine Motor Skills (examples: writing, buttoning)
- Improve your Quality of Life & Reach Personal Goals
What to Expect?
- 1 hour evaluation to determine your specific needs
- Minimum 16 sessions (1 hour appointments)
- 4 consecutive days per week for 4 weeks
- Daily homework practice & carryover exercises
How do I start?
Visit your primary care provider and ask for a referral to Occupational Therapy. When we receive you referral, we will contact you to set up an initial evaluation.
Please contact the rehabilitation Department at (603) 542-1878.