Live your life to the fullest
Our orthopaedics team treats adults and children with diseases, injuries and conditions of the musculoskeletal system— the body’s bones, muscles and joints, including ligaments, tendons, and nerves. From fractures, sprains, arthritis, or sports injuries, to full joint replacement, we are prepared to serve you. We have more than 75 years’ combined experience, as well as multispecialty expertise trusted by thousands. Our goal is to help people return to the level of function they had before their problem arose or their injury occurred. We care about you and your complete return do doing what you love.
We specialize in sports medicine, as well as minimally invasive and arthroplasty surgeries, for shoulder, elbow, wrist, hip, knee, foot and ankle. We’re responsible for your care before, during and after surgery. Please see our Podiatry page for specific help with your feet, ankles, and legs.
We take the time to know you and what you are aiming for in terms of outcomes. Each patient receives personalized care and attention from us. We take the time to explain your condition and educate you as to the non-surgical and surgical options.
Plus, there’s also a physical therapy team that works with pre- and post-surgical patients, sports injuries and performance enhancements.
For appointments, referrals or consultation, please call (603) 542-7666
Meet Our Providers
Tahsin Ergin, MD – shoulder/knee, arthroscopic, reconstruction
Matthew J. Hawkins, MD, shoulder/knee, arthroscopic, foot/ankle reconstruction
Joshua M. Philbrick, MD – upper extremity, wrist/shoulder, arthroscopic
Tahsin M. Ergin, MD, FACS
Practice Emphasis: Sports Medicine
“That effort to get patients back to what they most enjoy doing is the thing that drives me now. And when I’m successful in that effort, it’s my greatest reward.”
- Board-Certified: Orthopaedic Surgery, Sports Medicine
- Fellowship: Sports Medicine, The Graduate Hospital, Philadelphia, PA
- Residency: Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA
- Internship: Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA
- MD: Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, TN
- BS: Biomedical Engineering, Boston University College of Engineering, Boston, MA
- Member: American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, Arthroscopy Association of North America, American College of Surgeons, American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine
Matthew J. Hawkins, MD
Practice Emphasis: Sports Medicine, Surgery of the Knee, Shoulder, Foot & Ankle
“I engage the patient, working to understand their injury or problem completely and — just as importantly — getting their full participation in their care, which is vital to optimal outcomes. I also spend time educating patients on the cause of their condition, how to correct mechanical issues and how to prevent future injury. I always put in the time it takes to do things right; that’s what the patient deserves and needs.”
- Board-Certified: Orthopaedic Surgery
- Fellowship: Sports Medicine, Southern California Center for Sports Medicine, Long Beach, CA
- Residency: Georgetown University Medical Center, Washington, DC
- Internship: General Surgery, Georgetown University Medical Center, Washington, DC
- MD: Georgetown University School of Medicine, Washington, DC
- BS: Biology, Saint Louis University, St. Louis, MO
- Member: American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, Arthroscopy Association of North America, American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine
Joshua M. Philbrick, MD
Practice Emphasis: Hand & Upper Extremity Surgery
“The hand is an integral part of everyone’s life and it is an amazing feeling to be able to help people and see them get better.”
- Board-Eligible: Orthopaedic Surgery
- Fellowship: Hand Surgery, Excelsior Orthopaedics, Amherst, NY
- Residency: University of Toledo Medical Center, Toledo, OH
- Internship: University of Toledo Medical Center, Toledo, OH
- MD: University of Toledo Medical Center, Toledo, OH
- BS: Pensacola Christian College, Pensacola, FL
- Member: American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Community service is important to him, having taken two mission trips to Mexico and having been actively engaged in fundraisers for the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation.